Bianca Andreescu, the former US Open champion out of the French open will not be the part of the remainder of the 2020 season.
Bianca Andreescu, the former US Open champion, declared on Tuesday she will not be a part of the forthcoming French Open and will not play for the rest of the season.
Bianca wrote a post on Twitter and said, “It’s very difficult for me to skip the clay-court swing this year and will take off from the rest of the season to focus on my health and training. As hard as it was to come to this conclusion. I have so much to look forward to in 2021, including the Olympics. I want to use this time to focus on my game so I can come back stronger and better than ever.”
“As always, your encouraging words and support meant the world to me and I look forward to getting back on the court and competing for Canada next year,”
Bianca showed some excellent performance from the last couple of years and now ranked No. 7 in the world. Bianca has played no match since withdrawing from WTA Finals in 2019 due to a left knee injury.
Bianca was not a part of the Australian Open, which held in January because of the same injury. However, because of the global pandemic, all major tennis events and tournaments postponed since march. Bianca withdrew from the US Open because of the coronavirus pandemic and because of limited time to prepare for the game.
Bianca coach Sylvain Bruneau told TSN, “Very frustrating, for sure, but she’s in a good place, she’s in a wonderful place right now. She’s working hard, and she knows what she can do. She’s mentally very positive after not being a part of the US Open. She’s a positive girl by nature, and she’s got some good people around her. We’ll try to put things in perspective.”
Andreescu becomes the champion at the US Open and the Canadian Open in 2019, defeating Serena Williams on both occasions to win both titles. She also becomes the first Canadian player to win the major singles trophy and the first to win the Canadian Open in 50 years.
Bianca named as Female Summer Athlete of the Year 2019 in Canadian sports awards and also won the Bobbie Rosenfeld Award as Canada’s female athlete of the year.
The French Open will be going to start on Sunday in Paris. Bianca is the third player on the women’s side to not be a part of the major event, including top players like Ashleigh Barty and Naomi Osaka.
Inbox looking a bit bland?
Better sign up to our blog to cram it full of trending Sports, Gaming & Tech updates.
Due to French Open clash Laver Cup postponed until June 2021
Laver Cup Tennis tournament has been postponed due to French open clash.
All sporting matches and tennis tournaments has been put on hold due to covid-19 Pandemic.The ATP and WTA have cancelled all the tennis events and competitions until july 13.
According to the reports claimed,the fourth edition of the Laver Cup has been postponed and will be rescheduled to another date.The event must be put on hold from September 2020 to 2021 due to clash with the major events in a year due to Coronavirus pandemic.
The problem arises when Laver cup scheduling dates had been clashed with the dates selected by french tennis federation.
Laver cup had been scheduled from September 25 to September 27 but due to Covid-19 pandemic french open has been rescheduled to another date and the new date scheduled for the French Open is September 20 to October 4.
Due to clash of two major events the Laver Cup would now been held in September 24 to 26,2021 in Boston.
Roger Federer said a statement regarding the clash”It’s unfortunate that the Laver Cup has to be pushed back a year, but at this stage it’s the right thing to do for everyone concerned,”
“Although disappointing, the good news is that TD Garden will still be able to host the event next year and I really look forward to finally playing in Boston for the first time at Laver Cup 2021.”
All the major tennis events are either cancelled or has been rescheduled to another date to Coronavirus pandemic.
A great news has been released from the organizers of the Laver Cup event,the tickets which have been purchased for the Laver Cup 2020 will be valid for the next year or if the fans want refund it can also been done seamlessly.
Laver Cup chairman Tony Godsick said”We needed to make a quick adjustment now on our event”
“Tournament organizers had been observing the situation over the time with our partners Tennis Australia and the US Tennis Association ever since Roland Garros was rescheduled”.
“We wanted to call it now to provide certainty for our fans as well as our players, sponsors, broadcasters, partners, staff, volunteers and of course the great city of Boston.”