Disclosure: Sportshubnet is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
In this post, we will check out the top 10 best domain registrars for small businesses.
If you’re looking to buy a domain name, there are many registrars out there, and they all have different fees and features.
So how do you know which one is right for your business? The simple answer is: it depends on the type of business you’re running.
If you’re looking for a new domain name and only want to work with the reputed domain registrar then this article is just for you.
Domain registrar can make or break things for you especially when you are just starting your online venture.
Once you’ve come up with your special domain name, the next part is to select the best domain registrar for the seamless process.
Registration isn’t difficult, but partnering with the best company for the long term will make your life easy in the future.
You must consider several things before committing to one company. A domain registrar is a commodity that registers domain names with an association called ICANN.
We have ranked the top 10 best domain registrars based on offers, prices, and additional info to help you to make a decision. So let’s go ahead and check out the top 10 best domain registrars for small businesses.
What to Look For in a Domain Registrar
Choosing a domain registrar is one of the first and most important decisions you’ll make as a business owner.
Domain registrars are companies that provide domain registration services for websites, allowing them to be accessible online through their domains.
Before making your choice, it’s important to understand what exactly makes a good domain registrar and how you can use their services to make your website more successful. The following are some factors you should consider:
- Price: It’s no secret that registering domains can get expensive—however, there are ways you can lower the cost per year by using coupons or opting for longer periods of time (usually five years). Be sure to shop around before committing yourself to one particular company!
- Customer service: If something goes wrong with your site while being hosted by another company—whether it be an outage or security breach—you’ll want someone who will help solve the problem quickly and efficiently so that no harm comes from it. Look at reviews about customer service when choosing a provider; this should give some insight into whether or not they would be helpful during times when things go wrong (and believe us…things WILL go wrong!).
- Privacy protection/Security measures: One thing people forget about when creating an account online is protecting themselves against identity theft because they think nothing bad will happen (or worse yet…they don’t know how). However, scammers love getting into peoples’ accounts because they can see where bank statements come in or credit card numbers go out; thusly making them easier targets for stealing those items! Make sure any provider implements strong security measures such as 2-Factor Authentication so only authorized users have access privileges.”
10 Best Domain Registrars For Small Businesses Of 2022
Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar delivering domain name registration and web hosting based in Phoenix, Arizona, US.
Namecheap is a great place to start. When it comes to getting your domain name registered and up and running, Namecheap offers speedy, reliable service that’s second-to-none.
In addition to this, their interface is extremely user-friendly: their search tool allows you to browse through millions of available domain names before narrowing down the options based on what words you want in your URL (and whether or not they’re available).
Once you’ve found one that works for you, registration takes just minutes—you can use either PayPal or credit card as payment methods through them.
Namecheap also provides WHOIS privacy protection and free WhoIsGuard protection against domain hijacking attempts. Plus there are lots more products and services available—so if all else fails? You’ll still have plenty else left!
As a company, they have a great relationship with Internet privacy and security organizations along with a promise to straightforward domain administration and pricing.
In the past 10 years, they’ve also extended their product offering in different categories. Overall the value provided by Namecheap is awesome.
Another benefit of Namecheap is that it provides WhoisGuard domain privacy for free. Namecheap’s billing is clear and candid, with current and renewal prices clearly defined in your Namecheap shopping cart.
Features Of Namecheap:-
- Domain name registration
- Web hosting
- SSL certificates
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded domain registrar and web hosting company headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, and incorporated in Delaware.
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain registrars in the world and has a well-deserved reputation for delivering fast and reliable customer service at competitive prices.
They offer a wide range of extensions, including both traditional TLDs like .com and newer ones like .bike or .pizza. GoDaddy’s pricing is quite reasonable when you consider that most domains are available on sale somewhere else.
As of December 2021, GoDaddy has more than 20 million customers and over 9,000 employees worldwide.
GoDaddy is well-known for its low prices. Godaddy currently provides free basic Whois privacy which helps to censor your name, address, phone number, and email in Godaddy’s WHOIS directory and stops domain-related spam.
- GoDaddy is the largest domain registrar in the world. They’ve been around since 1997, and have more than 60 million domains under its belt.
- With such large numbers of customers over such a long period, it’s safe to say that GoDaddy offers one of the best selections of domain names available anywhere online today–and they’re not just limited to English language websites either; if you’ve got an idea for an international site or something else besides English content then chances are there will be at least one good option available from these guys too thanks largely due to their huge selection which includes hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands)
Domain.com is a domain registrar that offers domain name registration and renewal services, as well as email hosting, website building, and design, and SSL certificate services.
Domain.com is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, and is a subsidiary of Newfold Digital. Domain.com’s origins existed as part of the Dotster brand founded by George DeCarlo in 1999.
Domain.com now powers more than 1.2 million websites worldwide. They are known primarily as a domain registrar, however, the company also proposes resources for shared hosting, WordPress hosting, and SSL certificates.
With nearly two decades in the industry, the company is one of the world’s giant domain name registrars.
Support is more than acceptable with 24/7 chat, email, and phone support. Domain.com is surely one to watch for when it comes to domain registrars.
Name.com is a domain registrar that has been around since 2003. It is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web hosting company based in Denver, Colorado.
The company deals with DNS domains, web hosting, email services, SSL certificates, and other website products.
Name.com has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau which makes it one of the most trustworthy registrars out there.
Name.com also offers a wide range of web hosting plans, in addition to domain name registration services.
Features Of Name.com:
- Bulk Domain registration
- Web hosting plans which deliver free SSL certification, and unlimited email accounts.
- WordPress hosting plans with infinite storage, bandwidth, and daily backups.
Dynadot is a domain registrar and web hosting company that launched in 2002. It is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in Zhengzhou and Beijing, China, as well as Toronto, Canada.
Dynadot is a privately held ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web hosting company launched by software engineer Todd Han.
Dynadot also has its DNS servers that are used to resolve domain names into IP addresses (like when you type [email protected]). This means that if you register your domain with Dynadot, they’ll be able to help you manage your website’s DNS settings (to set up A records or MX records).
The price of Dynadot is low, with Dynadot delivering both special deals on some extensions and fair value at renewal.
Dynadot also stacks some free extras. They offer a Website Builder that allows you to create and host a simple one-page responsive website. There’s also free domain forwarding if you’d like to divert visitors somewhere else.
Features Of Dynadot:
- Buy domains at bulk prices
- WHOIS privacy to protect your personal information.
- Email hosting features that deliver you unlimited email accounts
- SSL certification with 256-bit encryption.
6 123 Reg
123 Reg is a British domain registrar and web hosting company established in 2000 and now under the ultimate ownership of GoDaddy.
The company contends to be the UK’s biggest accredited domain registrar and delivers Internet services to small- and medium-sized businesses.
From 2003 to 2017, 123 Reg was part of Host Europe Group (HEG). In April 2017, American hosting company GoDaddy attained HEG for 1.69 billion euros ($1.82 billion).
123 Reg will also provide you with web hosting, a website builder, email hosting, online marketing tools, premium SSL certificates, and a lot more.
It offers some of the cheapest prices for web hosting, SSL certificates, email hosting, and domain names online.
The folks at BlueHost have a reputation for being great to work with and providing excellent service. The company offers several tools for beginners, including easy-to-use website builder software and access to 24/7 phone support.
Bluehost is one of the most pleasing choices out there if you’re looking for a reputed domain registrar which brags very reasonable pricing.
When grasping your best domain, Bluehost presents an easy-to-use search method that clearly shows your options. Furthermore, you can add domain privacy and protection with your purchase.
Their plans also cater to more experienced users, who can take advantage of their managed WordPress hosting packages or dedicated IP addresses that cost more than other registrars offer but provide an additional layer of security.
For developers, BlueHost offers one-click installs and other features designed specifically with your needs in mind: if you’re looking to scale up your site’s performance or manage multiple domains on one account, there’s no better option than BlueHost. You’ll even find free SSL certificates available upon registration!
Features Of Bluehost:
- WordPress hosting and management services, which include VPS hosting, shared hosting, and more.
- Buy the domain name with your preferred top-level domain extension.
- Efficient WooCommerce tools to build your online store
8 Google Domains
Google Domains is a domain name registrar and web hosting provider owned by Alphabet Inc., which owns Google.
The service delivers domain registration, DNS hosting, dynamic DNS, domain forwarding, and email forwarding.
It equips native integration support for Google Cloud DNS and Google Workspace. It also offers a one-click DNS configuration that connects the domains with Blogger, Google Sites, Squarespace, Wix.com, Weebly, Bluehost, Shopify, and Firebase.
It also supports domain privacy, custom nameservers, and DNSSEC. The domain registration service is accredited by ICANN – the IANA number given by ICANN to Google is 895.
Google’s domain registration is a straightforward provider that sets speed and clarity at the top of its priority list.
Google Domains doesn’t baffle users with ongoing sales, or ‘special’ deals. Upselling is held to a minimum for the betterment of the user.
Enom is a domain registrar that offers domain name registration, website hosting, and SSL certificates.
The company also sells other products which include domain names, such as SSL certificates, e-mail services, and Website building software. As of May 2016, it manages over 15 million domains.
Enom is not the most reasonable domain registrar on this list, however, we have to give them credit for the straightforward renewal prices, which are mainly the same as the original entry-level price.
Features of Enom:
- Offers you to buy or sell domains, delivers web hosting and email hosting services
- Professional email features with SSL certification
- Select from top-level domains and most popular TLDs like .com, .in, etc
Namesilo is a domain name registrar and web hosting company. It offers cheap domain names at low prices, which makes this a great option for anyone looking to get their website online quickly and easily.
NameSilo also offers many other services, which include web hosting, website builders, premium SSL, and DNS.
- Free Domain with Every Web Hosting Account: Namesilo offers free domain privacy protection services with every web hosting account, including single sites or multisite networks.
- Low-Cost Domain Name Registration: If you’re looking for more than just one year of renewable registrations, then Namesilo may be right up your alley! Their pricing plans vary depending on whether they’re buying them in bulk or not (which means lower per-year cost), but there are still different types like .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info available as well so whatever type suits your needs best then go ahead!
Inbox looking a bit bland?
Better sign up to our blog to cram it full of trending Sports, Gaming & Tech updates.