Disclosure: Sportshubnet is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
In this post, we will check out how to make money on Udemy in 2022.
Udemy is one of the most popular platforms for learning how to do things. Whether you’re looking to learn how to cook a new dish, design a logo, or even speak a new language, there’s a course on Udemy that’ll teach you everything you need to know!
But how do you make money on Udemy? Well, that’s where this post comes in. We’ve put together a list of tips and tricks that’ll show you how to make money on Udemy easily and fast.
So if you’re looking to turn your hobby into a profitable business, this is the guide for you! There are courses on cooking, computer programming, photography, and more. And the best part?
You don’t need any prior experience or training to start making money on Udemy in 2022. In this article, we’ll show you how to start making money on Udemy as a beginner. So now without further delay let’s go ahead and check out how to make money on Udemy in 2022.
How To Make Money On Udemy In 2022
What Is Udemy?
Udemy is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses and tutorials on various topics, such as business, technology, personal development, and more.
It allows individuals to learn new skills, advance their careers, and achieve their personal goals through video lectures, quizzes, and hands-on projects.
Udemy also offers certification and completion certificates for successful course completion.
How Much Money Can You Make On Udemy In 2022?
It is difficult to estimate the amount of money that can be made on Udemy, as it depends on several factors such as the quality of the course, the demand for the subject, the price of the course, and the number of students enrolled.
Some instructors have reported making anywhere from a few hundred dollars to over six figures in revenue from their courses on Udemy.
It is important for instructors to regularly update and promote their courses to maintain a high level of engagement and sales.
10 Tips On How To Make Money On Udemy 2022
1 You need a product idea
Before we get into how to put together your course and make money, it’s important to understand the first step of the process: coming up with a product idea.
What is a product idea?
It’s the thing that makes people want to buy what you’re selling. The more unique and specific your product ideas are, the better off you’ll be when it comes time to actually develop them into courses.
For example, let’s say you’re selling chocolate fudge sauce as a course on Udemy. You could say this is your “product.” But maybe instead of just being about making chocolate fudge sauce, maybe it’s about making healthier versions of classic desserts (like brownies). That would be an example of having multiple product ideas under one umbrella!
2 Create your course outline
The first step to making money on Udemy is to create an outline of the content you want to teach. You’ll need to decide what topics you plan on covering, the order in which they will be covered, and how much time will be spent on each one.
This is important because it helps establish the course structure and ensures that all students have a chance of understanding each concept before moving on to more advanced ones.
Ideally, your topic should also align with what other people are searching for on Udemy. To find out which terms are most popular with customers (and therefore make sure yours goes viral), enter your idea into keyword research tools such as Keyword Tool or Google AdWords’ Keyword Planner tool and see where it lands among competing searches from previous courses.
3 Create an actionable marketing plan
You need to know your audience.
You need to know what they want to learn.
You need to know how to reach them.
You need to know how to get them to buy your course.
You need to know how to keep them engaged and coming back for more, or else you will have wasted your time and money creating a useless course that nobody wants (and nobody will buy).
4 Write your script
You’re going to need a script for your course, so make sure you write it first! You can do this in any word processor or text editor, but I recommend sticking with something like Microsoft Word or Google Docs since they have spell checkers built right in.
When writing your course, think about how you want to tell your story: who are you, and what makes you qualified to teach?
Why should people care about taking this class? What will they learn by taking it? How will they benefit from it? These are all questions that should be answered when writing the script for a video course on Udemy (or really any other platform).
5 Choose a filming location and time of day
Choose a filming location that has good lighting and is quiet. To film your videos, you’ll want to choose a place where you have plenty of room to move around and it’s free from distractions.
It’s also important that the background isn’t too busy or distracting either. If there are windows behind you in the background, make sure they don’t have any glare on them so that it looks like it’s coming directly from the sun.
6 Install your recording software
- Install Camtasia
- Install Camtasia Studio
- Install Screenflow
- Install Screencast-O-Matic
- Install Jing (for the Mac) or Screenr (for Windows) if you want to record your screen without using Camtasia. The advantage of using either of these tools is that you can record audio in collaboration with your screen recording at the same time. If you’re going to use Jing, make sure that you select the “record my webcam” option when starting a new session. Otherwise, all of your recordings will be silent!
7 Make sure your sound is right
Make sure your sound is right.
It’s a common misconception that you can get by with a laptop’s built-in microphone, but this isn’t true for three reasons:
- You’ll be more comfortable and less stressed if you speak more clearly and at a louder volume. This will help improve your voice quality and make it easier to understand what you’re saying.
- If the sound isn’t good on your recording, no one will want to watch it! Good audio is essential for creating video content that people actually want to watch—and their only reason for watching is if they feel like they’re getting something out of it (not necessarily just entertainment).
- The lower quality of built-in microphones makes them susceptible to picking up background noises like cars driving by outside or other people talking nearby. For most people who record their voice-over video tutorials, the poor audio quality will distract from what they’re trying to communicate instead of enhancing their message.
8 Add an intro to each video lesson
An intro is the first part of your video that viewers will see when they click on it. It should be short (less than 20 seconds) and effective.
You want to offer a brief description of what they’ll learn in this video, as well as how they can benefit from watching it.
Don’t be afraid to be funny! If you can make people laugh, they’ll watch more of your videos—and chances are good that if they like one video by you, then they’ll probably like others by you too.
But don’t overdo it; remember that some people come to Udemy just for serious learning opportunities!
Also, don’t feel obligated to use different intros for every video lesson; if you do have multiple courses with similar content or themes then consider using one consistent introduction across all courses instead of changing them up each time.
This way potential customers will have an easier time finding other courses from us later on down the line since all our videos will look familiar thanks to their consistent branding throughout each series.”
9 Be conscious of your body language and gestures
By keeping your arms close to your body, feet shoulder-width apart, and hands open, you’ll appear more approachable and less threatening.
Your posture should be upright and relaxed — avoid slouching or tilting forward. Your facial expressions should be natural and relaxed.
Make eye contact with the camera throughout the entire course (which will become part of your branding). Be aware of all background elements — avoid bright light behind you as well as distracting objects in the foreground (such as windows) so viewers can focus on what’s important: YOU!
10 Make sure the background is free of distractions
A plain background is best. The background should be free of distractions, meaning it should not include people, pets, furniture, or windows.
A good example is a wall with a neutral color that doesn’t draw attention away from your face or the camera lens.
What Are Some Ideas To Market Your Course?
- Use social media to promote your course and engage with potential students.
- Create a landing page on your website with detailed information about the course and a call-to-action to sign up.
- Collaborate with influencers or industry experts to gain credibility and reach a wider audience.
- Offer a limited-time discount or special offer to encourage enrollment.
- Host a webinar or live event to showcase the course content and answer questions from interested learners.
- Create a blog or vlog series about the topic of the course and share relevant content to build interest and anticipation.
- Reach out to relevant online communities and forums to share information about the course and engage with potential students.
- Offer a free trial or sample lesson to give potential students a taste of the course content and value.
- Create a referral program to encourage current students to spread the word and bring in new learners.
- Utilize email marketing to send targeted messages to potential students and keep them updated on course developments and enrollment deadlines.
Is It Hard To Make Money On Udemy?
It is not necessarily hard to make money on Udemy, but it does require effort and dedication. Success on Udemy depends on factors such as the quality and relevance of the course, the instructor’s teaching ability, and the ability to effectively market and promote the course.
In order to maximize earnings, instructors must also continuously update and improve their courses to keep them relevant and engaging for students.
How Much Money Can A Beginner Make From Udemy?
It is difficult to determine exactly how much money a beginner can make from Udemy as it varies greatly depending on the course, instructor, and students enrolled.
It is believed that around $50 to $500 per month is achievable for new instructors but, the possibility can be even greater.
Inbox looking a bit bland?
Better sign up to our blog to cram it full of trending Sports, Gaming & Tech updates.