Disclosure: Sportshubnet is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
In this post, we will check out how to earn quality backlinks with guest posting.
Guest posting is one of the most effective ways to earn quality backlinks to your website. Backlinks are a key factor in search engine optimization (SEO), and high-quality backlinks from reputable websites can help boost your website’s rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Guest posting involves writing and publishing content on another website in exchange for a backlink to your own website.
This allows you to reach a wider audience and improve your website’s authority and credibility by associating it with a respected and relevant website in your industry.
However, not all guest posting opportunities are created equal. To earn high-quality backlinks through guest posting, you need to be strategic in selecting the right websites to publish on and crafting engaging and valuable content that aligns with your audience and content goals.
In this article, we’ll explore some best practices for guest posting that can help you earn quality backlinks to boost your website’s SEO.
Table of contents
- How To Earn Quality Backlinks With Guest Posting
- What Is Guest Posting?
- The Benefits Of Guest Posting
- Getting High-Quality Backlinks Can Be Difficult
- Why You Should Guest Post
- Getting a Contributor Account On Others’ blog
- Who is your audience?
- How Do You Find Sites to Guest Post On?
- 5 Tips for Finding Relevant Sites for Guest Blogging
- Pitch Your Content
- Publishing Your Content
- Quality Content and Honest Relationships with other bloggers Are What Matter
How To Earn Quality Backlinks With Guest Posting
What Is Guest Posting?
Guest posting is a form of link building that involves the publication of content on another site. The act of guest posting helps you get your content in front of new audiences, build relationships with other bloggers and increase traffic to your own website. It’s also a great way to build your brand as an expert in your industry!
Let’s take a look at how guest posting works:
The Benefits Of Guest Posting
Guest blogging is one of the best ways to build backlinks and increase your domain authority.
It’s also a great way to get exposure for your brand, as well as strengthen relationships with other bloggers.
Getting High-Quality Backlinks Can Be Difficult
Link building is the most important SEO tactic. It’s a long-term strategy, but it can be worth it if you do it right. Let me tell you why: link building is the best way to increase your site’s authority, which will make all of your other efforts more effective.
Link building is also the best way to get traffic to your site from high authority sites (like this one). So, if you want great results from your content marketing efforts and want to see them in action quickly – start by writing guest posts for relevant blogs or websites that have established audiences.
Why You Should Guest Post
Guest posting is a great way to get your content in front of a new audience and build relationships with other bloggers.
But if you don’t have anything interesting to say, why should they want to feature you? You should make sure the article you submit speaks directly to the readers of that blog—and spits out some valuable information for them.
If you’ve already published guest posts on other sites, go back through those articles and find ways to repurpose them for your own site.
Getting a Contributor Account On Others’ blog
Getting a contributor account on others’ blogs is a good way to earn backlinks.
You can use your contributor account to get social media followers, email subscribers, and traffic from the site you contribute to.
A quality backlink from a high-authority site will help your website rank higher in search engines like Google and Bing.
Who is your audience?
The first thing you need to do is figure out who your target audience is and what they want to read. Ask yourself:
- What do they want to hear?
- What are their problems?
- What are their challenges?
- What do they need help or advice with?
How Do You Find Sites to Guest Post On?
- Use Google search to find sites that accept guest posts.
- Use Google alerts to find sites that publish content similar to your own.
- Use Google alerts to find sites that publish content similar to your clients’.
- Use social media to find sites that publish content similar to your own (and the audience you serve).
- Write for sites that your audience would recognize and trust, rather than random websites or blogs with no audience or following. You want a site in which people are likely reading regularly so their eyes will be on what you have written! Also, make sure the site has links back out to other articles on their site so readers can find more information about the topic from there too! This is what makes this type of link building much better than just adding keywords everywhere because it actually helps readers get more information about something they want – which means Google will love it too because they’re helping out users who need help finding answers 🙂
5 Tips for Finding Relevant Sites for Guest Blogging
- Use tools like SEMRush, and Ahrefs to find relevant sites. Semrush is the tool that I personally used for all marketing campaigns.
- Look at the “top pages” to see what content is ranking well on that site.
- Look at the “top posts” to see what kinds of posts get shared the most on that site.
- Look at the “top authors” to find out who’s writing for them regularly (and whether or not they’re guest posting).
- Look at their top categories to get an idea of what topic areas are popular with their audience and therefore likely worth targeting in your own blog post ideas. For example: if you’re looking for sites in the travel niche, then look up keywords related to travel like “vacation spots in Europe” or “best places within driving distance from Chicago.
Pitch Your Content
Once you have found a potential site to guest post on, it’s time to pitch your content. This can be the most difficult part of the process because people are not used to being approached by others who want them to write for their website or blog.
You need to make sure that you are clear about what kind of content you will be providing, what kind of payment or compensation you are offering, and how much exposure you expect for yourself as an authorial brand.
When pitching your article idea, make sure that:
- You have done research into the topic so that you can clearly explain why other articles on this subject matter lack quality and/or why yours is superior in some way (e.g., through greater depth or breadth).
- You give them an idea of where they could place your work on their site (e.g., homepage placement) since this will help convince them that it is worth publishing there in preference over other submissions they might receive at any given time; also mention any ways in which readers would likely benefit from reading such material (e.g., “This article provides tips on how people can save money when shopping online”).
Publishing Your Content
Publishing your content is the final step in the process of getting more quality backlinks for your site. If you have done everything correctly, then publishing your content should be easy and rewarding.
Publishing gives you another opportunity to get more eyes on your content and traffic to your site, which are both important aspects of building a brand online.
Quality Content and Honest Relationships with other bloggers Are What Matter
Quality content, honest relationships with other bloggers and hard work are what matter.
When it comes to guest posting, there are two main reasons why sites would accept your contribution: they could either be interested in the topic you’re writing about or they could want to build a relationship with you.
If you don’t have quality content that meets their standards and fits their blog’s audience, then they won’t accept your submission.
That’s why it’s important to spend time researching how each site approaches writing before submitting anything for consideration.
If having an honest relationship isn’t enough for them to accept your post (and sometimes it isn’t), then put in some extra effort by doing things like reading and commenting on their blog posts regularly so that when you pitch something new it’ll stand out more than if someone had just found them via Google search results instead of actually being familiar with the site already.
Guest posting is a great way to build links and get your brand out there. But, if you’re going to do it right, then you need the right strategy. We hope this article has helped guide you into making the right decision on your next guest post!
Inbox looking a bit bland?
Better sign up to our blog to cram it full of trending Sports, Gaming & Tech updates.